Zucchini-Chard Falafel Patties
Mix together and set aside (this is your flax egg):
- 1 TBS ground flax seed
- 2 TBS water
Mix in the food processor….
- 4 cups grated, drained zucchini
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh chard
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 TBS vegetable broth powder
- 2 TBS tahini
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- the flax egg from above
Pour mixture into a bowl and add….
- 1 cup chickpea/fava flour
Use a small scoop to form little patties.
Mix together in a saucer….
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Coat the patties in the panko mixture and place in air fryer.
Bake for twenty minutes at 400 in the air fryer, turning at midpoint.